[IPython-dev] Twisted reactor + IPython0

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Fri Mar 21 08:28:02 CDT 2008

>  Absolutely true.  An optional Twisted dep for IPython0 would be just fine.

I just realized that this may be confusing.

Just in terms of dependencies, having IPython0 depend on Twisted
(optionally of course) is not a problem.  But, how IPython0 _uses_
twisted (even though optional) should be compatible with the way
people are currently using Ipython1 for parallel computing - they
simply use it with IPython0.  That is, the any IPython0 Twisted usage
must not break the IPython0+IPython1 usage pattern that is most common
today.

Brian